Creating Business Hour Exceptions
Users with Administrator role permissions can add exceptions to queue or campaign business hours. Exceptions allow for a one-time change to existing standard business hour rules. For example, you can adjust business hours to a different start and end time for a day, enter a closed period within the day, or you can set a full-day exception for a holiday.
Create a Business Hour Exception
To create an exception to the standard business hours:
- Go to Configuration > Business Hours.
- Select the Business Hour record that you need to create an exception for.
The business hour details panel appears.
- Click on the plus symbol (+) by the Exceptions heading.
- Enter the Date that this exception is required for, using the DD/MM/YYYY format.
The date field defaults to today's date and can be overridden to any future date.
- Optionally, enter a Description for the exception such as the name of the holiday or reason for the exception.
- Select All Day if this exception is for a full day, meaning there will be no business hours for the day, or Custom if this exception is to insert a closed period into the day.
If selecting an all day exception, no further configuration details are required before submitting.
- For a custom exception, enter the start and end times for the closed period that you are inserting into the day, in HH:MM AM/PM format. You can type in the fields directly or tab to the fields and use the directional arrows.
The time zone is inherited from the Business Hour configuration.
- Start Time: The start of the closing period exception that you are inserting into the standard business hours.
- End Time: The end of the closing period exception. Business hours will revert to their business hour rule after this time.
- For example, if your scheduled business hours for the day are normally between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM but you want to delay opening until 10:00 AM, your exception would be for 08:00 AM to 09:59 AM.
- Click Submit.
A business hour exception is only valid for the specific date and time (if applicable) that it is created for. If this is a recurring exception such as an annual holiday, each instance will require a separate exception.