Creating Dispatch Mappings
Dispatch mappings direct interactions to a flow. For example, you could map all incoming calls for a tenant to a specific number. That number will trigger a flow and the flow can do further, more advanced routing to agents with specific skills or to groups of agents.
|You need to have a dispatch mapping configured for each of the contact methods available for your customers to contact you.|
To create a dispatch mapping through the UI:
- Go to Flows > Dispatch Mappings.
- Click Create.
- Enter a Name for the Dispatch Mapping.
- Optionally, enter a brief Description for the mapping.
- Select the applicable Interaction Type.This is the channel that interactions of this contact type are received through.
- Voice: telephony voice calls
- SMS: text messages to or from a mobile device
- Email: email messages to or from your company email address(es)
- Messaging: interactive messaging, such as Facebook messenger
- Work Item: a work item request, such as an interaction to be worked through your CRM
- Any: includes any of the above channels
- Select a Mapping type and enter the Mapping Value. This is where you identify the direction and destination for interactions.
- Customer: the customer's telephone number, entered in E.164 format
- Contact Point: the telephone number, SIP endpoint, or email address being used
Enter phone numbers in E.164 format. For example, +18005555565.
- Integration: the service integrations available on your tenant that you want this mapping to point to
- Direction: the direction of the interactions for this mapping
- Inbound: Inbound interactions, including transfers from another agent. This includes queue callback requests, as they are created by an inbound customer in queue.
- Outbound: Outbound interactions that are not initiated by an agent. For example, interactions created by a customer requested call.
- Agent Initiated: Interactions initiated by an agent. For example, interactions created by an agent using the dial pad, Click to Dial, or Click to Email.
- Select the Flow to which the mapping directs calls from the Dispatch to flow list
- Click Submit