Creating Historical Dashboards
You can create historical dashboards to include the data and visualizations that are important to you. To create a historical dashboard:
- Go to Reporting > Historical Dashboards.
- Click the folder icon ().
Hover over the folder name that you want to contain the new dashboard.
- My Reports is a private folder. Only you can see the dashboards in this folder.
- Shared Reports is a public folder. Other users in your tenant can view the reports in this folder.
- Click Add Dashboard ()
The dashboard canvas opens. The default name is New Dashboard.
- Design the dashboard:Rename the dashboard
Insert a widget
- Click the dashboard name to edit it.
- Enter a new name.
- Click the check mark () to save the new name.
Clicking x cancels the changes that you made to the dashboard name.
- Click Insert ().
- Select a widget type.
- Existing Report: Select from existing reports in your tenant to display on the dashboard.
- New Report: Create a new report to display on your dashboard. Once you create and save a report for a dashboard, it is available to insert into other dashboards.
- Text Area: Enter text in a text box to display on your dashboard. This widget is useful for labeling and separating sections of your dashboard.
- KPI (Key Performance Indicator): Select a statistic to display as a value in the widget. You can also enter an expression to display any custom statistics that you have created.
- Image: Select an image from a reporting folder or add an image URL to add the image to your dashboard.
- Embedded Filters: Select which filters to appear directly on your dashboard.
- Button: Insert a button that links to another historical dashboard or report.
- Webpage: Embed an external website to display its content on the dashboard.
- HTML: Enter custom HTML code and preview how it will look on the dashboard.
- Configure the widget.
To complete the advanced configuration of a widget:
- Click the widget.
- Click Edit.
- Select from the menu options:
- Delete (): Permanently remove the widget from your dashboard.
- Edit (): Edit the configuration of the widget such as the expression in a KPI widget, the filters included in an Embedded Filter, or the text in a Text Area.
- Properties(): Edit the appearance of the widget such as colors, widget title, and background color.
- Drill Across (): Link to another historical dashboard or report.
- Edit in Visualizer (): Edit a visualization such as a bar chart, table, or line chart.
- Click Save or Done
The widget is placed on the dashboard. Drag and drop the widget where you want it on the dashboard.Adjust the size of a widget
Update Dashboard Design
- Click the widget you are resizing.
- To make the widget larger, click a corner or side of the widget and drag it outward.
- To make the widget smaller, click a corner or side of the widget and drag it inward.
To update the dashboard's design:
- Click Dashboard design ().
- Update the following elements:
- Display Title: By default, the dashboard title is displayed at the top of the dashboard. Click the toggle to hide the title.
- Display Filter Card: By default, filters applied are displayed at the top of the dashboard. Click the toggle to hide these filters.
- Layout: Click to select the number of columns in the dashboard's layout.
- Dashboard Background: Click to add a background image or color to your dashboard. You can select a color from the palette, select an image that is saved to the catalog, or add the URL to an image.
To select which filters are available to users:
- Click Filters ().
- Click Manage.
- Optionally, click the icon for specific filter types to shorten the list:
Activated (Filters currently added to the dashboard)
Deactivated (Filters not currently added to the dashboard) Date Picker Slider Check List Value Group
- Select the checkbox next to the filters that you want to make available to users accessing the dashboards.
- Click Filters () to close the filter panel.
To add an embedded filter that is placed directly on the dashboard:
- Click Insert ()
- Select Embedded Filter.
- Click Select filter.
- Select the filter that you want, such as Agent Name.
- Click Done.
- When you're done, click Publish.
Your dashboard can now be viewed by anyone with access to see it. To view your published dashboard:
- Go to Reporting > Historical Dashboards.
- Click Dashboards to open the Collections menu and then click the folder that contains your dashboard.
- Select your dashboard from the list of available dashboards in the folder.