Setting a Default Single Sign On Identity Provider
If you have more than one identity provider configured for your tenant, you can set one of them to be the default provider. When users log in to that tenant, they are prompted to authenticate with the default identity provider. If users select a tenant that uses a different identity provider, they are redirected back to the login page to authenticate. You must be logged in with SSO to change a tenant's default Single Sign On Identity Provider.
To set a default identity provider for a tenant:
- Go to Configuration >Tenants.
- For Single Sign On Identity Provider, select the identity provider from the menu.
- Click Submit.
You can also specify whether platform authentication is enabled or disabled by default, or denied completely. Update this setting in the Platform Authentication drop-down menu in the tenant's configuration:
- Enabled: Allows users to use their CxEngage username and password to authenticate. This setting can be overwritten for individual users.
- Disabled: Prevents users from using their CxEngage username and password to authenticate. This setting can be overwritten for individual users. The Disabled option does not appear in the menu if there isn't a default Identity Provider on the tenant.
- Denied: Prevents all users on the tenant from using their CxEngage username and password to authenticate regardless of their user settings. If the Denied option is selected, the Platform Authentication field is grayed out and can't be modified.
|If you are not using SSO and choose to log in to the configuration interface with your CxEngage credentials, Enabled is the only option that is available in the drop-down menu. To be able to select Disabled or Denied, you must log in using SSO.|
|If you want one or more users in your tenant to have different Platform Authentication settings or a default Single Sign On Identity provider than what is specified as the tenant's default settings, you can update the user's settings in User Management. If you are changing multiple users, you can use bulk actions to update them all at once.|