Create a Click to Dial Flow
A flow represents the business logic of a call, and tells CxEngage how to handle the functions of a call – for example, dialing out.
You'll need to create a new flow for Click to Dial before you can use that feature. Before creating the flow, your must have:
- A media file to play for hold music
- A telephone number that is assigned to your tenant, whether or not it is currently mapped to a flow
- A list for disposition codes
To create a Click to Dial flow:
- Log into your instance of CxEngage.
- Go to Flows > Flows.
- Click Create.
- In the dialog box that appears:
- Type a Name for the flow, such as Click to Dial
- Select Customer from the Type list
- Click Submit
The Flow Designer opens.
- Drag and drop an Entry event (which indicates the beginning of a flow) into the Flow Designer window.
- Drag and drop a Click to Dial activity into the Flow Designer window.
- Enter the required Click to Dial parameters:
- Media: Select the media file that plays to the agent during the Click to Dial flow.
- Auto Answer: Click to enable to have the outbound work offer automatically accepted by the agent and the contact dialed. If disabled, the agent must accept the work offer prior to the contact being dialed or messaged.
- Wrap Up Time (seconds): Enter the maximum time frame, in seconds, for agents to complete their post call work in Wrap Up mode.
- Auto Wrap Up: Click to enable to have agents automatically placed in Wrap Up mode after being disconnected from callers.
- Customer Timeout: The length of time in which the phone will ring before the outbound voice call is considered unanswered.
- Resource Timeout: Enter the length of time in which the platform will offer the work offer and dial the agent.
- Target Wrap Up Time (seconds): Enter the goal time frame, in seconds, for the agent to complete their post call work following the outbound call. This is the maximum time in which an agent can be in Wrap Up and still be within target time frames.
- Queue Timeout: The number of seconds that the platform will try to determine the agent's availability for the call. We recommend using a value of 15 or greater.
- Disposition Codes: Select the Disposition Code list to use for outbound click to dial calls.
- Force Disposition Select: Click to enable. When this is enabled, agents are required to select a disposition code before they can end their Wrap Up. This function requires Auto Wrap Up to be enabled.
- Outbound ANI: Enter the E.164 telephone number that the outbound call is being made from, or an expression that translates to the telephone number to use. This number will be displayed as the caller's ID on the recipient's telephone, if applicable. This number must be associated to your tenant with your telephony provider, but does not need to be currently mapped to a specific flow. If you're entering the specific telephone number instead of a variable, it must be surrounded by quotation marks ("). For example, "+12345678910".
- Allow Wrap Up Update: Click to allow agents to manually turn automatic wrap up on or off from the Agent Toolbar. For example, Auto Wrap Up may be enabled however unnecessary for a particular interaction. The agent can turn the Wrap Up feature off while on a call and immediately become ready and available upon disconnecting.
- Customer Connected: Click to enable if you want the contact to remain on the line once the agent disconnected from the call. For example, you may want to include a Customer Satisfaction Score action in your flow and leave the contact connected to participate in the survey.
- Call Record: Click to enable to have the outbound call recorded.
- Default Queue: Optionally, select a default queue for the outbound call request when an agent isn't already identified to work with the interaction. Interactions that are initiated by an agent (for example, clicking on a contact in a CRM) have the agent's resource attached to the request. However, interactions initiated by a customer (for example, filling out a web form requesting a callback) would not be attached to a resource ID and can be routed to this queue instead.
- Beep: Click to enable a beep on entry and/or exit. When enabled, an audio tone indicates when the resource is added to a call, or removed from a conference. This is a multi-select option, allowing you to select any, both, or neither of the options.
- On Enter: Provides a notification when the agent is added to the conference, such as being connected to a caller in queue.
- On Exit: Provides a notification when the agent leaves a conference with more than two participants, and all applicable participants have this feature enabled.
- Add an Exit event and connect the elements of the flow.
- Click the gear icon on the canvas to access the flow settings and select the Flow Defaults tab. Enter the default settings to use for your Click to Dial interactions.
- Publish the flow.
The result should look something like this:
Next, you'll need to create a dispatch mapping to map a telephone number to this flow.