CxEngage supports a digital channel integration that provides an interactive web chat messaging experience for you and your customers through your business page. With integrated chat widget, your chat can be customized with brand coloring as well as a pre-chat message and confirmation. For example, you can customize an automatic response to each customer requesting their name or email address and then thank them before an agent receives the work offer. Chat web messenger also provides helpful user features such as a typing indicator for both customer and agent.
|Please note that this section is specific to the chat widget, configurable through the configuration UI. It has default behavior and responses that cannot be modified. For a fully customizable version of web chat, refer to our new Messaging SDK (V2).|
Certain permissions are required to manage the chat app and integration.
|These permissions are not currently included in any default role. Please contact your account representative about implementing chat and having these permissions added to a custom role on your tenant.|
- To view the chat widgets on a tenant, you must have a custom role with the WEB_INTEGRATIONS_APP_READ permission.
- To add or update a chat widget on a tenant, you must have a custom role with the WEB_INTEGRATIONS_APP_UPDATE permission.
- To view and select a chat app from your tenant, to create your chat widget, you must have a custom role with the DIGITAL_CHANNELS_APP_READ permission.
To use chat, follow this checklist.
- Contact your account representative to add the digital channel app and chat integration.
- Create a Chat Widget on your tenant.
- Update your web page with necessary scripts.
- Publish a flow that supports messaging interactions, if you don't already have one.
|If you're using an existing flow that already has the Send Message notation, you need to delete the notation from the design, replace it with a fresh Send Message notation, and reconfigure it for your chat settings. This is a temporary measure that will be resolved in an upcoming release.|
- Create a dispatch mapping that supports messaging interactions.
- Optionally, create and assign capacity rule settings for the amount of messaging interactions