Editing User Accounts
You can edit user's details to:
- Update their skills, groups, tenant role, or personal details
- Change the user name that appears throughout CxEngage
- Add telephone extensions to the user's account
Some details can be edited only by the user, while others must be updated by an administrator or supervisor. See Updating User Details - Quick Reference .
Edit a User Account
To edit a user account:
- Go to User Management.
- Click the name of the user whose account you want to edit.
The user details panel appears.
- Change the user's status or details.
- User status
- Tenant Role
- First Name
- Last Name
- External ID
- Optionally, update the user's Platform Authentication.
This setting is for users in tenants that use Single Sign On (SSO). Users inherit the tenant settings for this fields. If you want a specific user's Platform Authentication setting to be different than the tenant's, update it here.
- Use Tenant Default: Assigns the tenant's default setting to the user.
- Enabled: Allows users to use their CxEngage username and password to authenticate.
- Disabled: Prevents users from using their CxEngage username and password to authenticate. The Disabled option does not appear in the menu if there isn't a default Identity Provider on the tenant.
- Optionally, update the user's Single Sign On Identity Provider.
This setting is for users in tenants that use Single Sign On (SSO). Users inherit the tenant's default Single Sign On Provider. If you want a specific user's setting to be different than the tenant's, update it here. Selecting Use Tenant Default sets the user's default Single Sign On Identity Provider to be the same as the tenant's.
- Add or update the user's extension.
- If necessary, add Groups and Skills or update the proficiency level assigned for a current skill.
- Assign the appropriate Presence Reason List.
- Assign the appropriate Capacity Rule.
- Click Submit.
User Details That You Can't Edit
You can't change the:
- User's email address
- If a user's email address changes, their profile should be disabled and a new user created and invitation sent to the new email address
- Email addresses are not case sensitive, there is no need to edit an email address for upper or lower cases
- User's password
- Passwords can only be changed by the user themselves
|Invite Status||N/A - Updates automatically through status updates||See Managing Access for more information|
|Tenant Role||Another user with a higher access role than the one being updated||Any role with equal or lesser access than the user completing the update|
|First and Last Name||Can only be updated by the user themselves||N/A - Free form entry|
|External ID||Can only be updated by the user themselves||N/A - Free form entry|
|Login (email address)||Cannot be updated||N/A - To update, disable the user and create a new user with the new login/email address|
|Extensions||Agent or Supervisor role permissions||Add or Remove configured extensions. Exception: Default extensions cannot be removed.|
|Skills||Supervisor or Administrator role permissions||Add or Remove Skills and/or change the user's proficiency rating|
|Groups||Supervisor or Administrator role permissions||Add or Remove Groups|